Think of a visa as a kind of key that opens the doors of the country and all the opportunities that entails. But of course, to grant you this document, the Australian Government wants to know who you are, what you are coming from, how long you intend to stay, whether you come alone or in company and some other things.

That's why, as we said at the beginning, There are different types of visas for different types of people. But what you should be clear about is that one of them bears your name, so… read on to find out which one is best for you!

1. What is a visa and why do you need it?

First of all, a visa is nothing more than a document issued by a country that authorizes entry to a foreign person to their borders to study, work or just go on vacation. Each visa has a duration, a price and specific characteristics.

If you think, We are going to see the different types of Australian visas so you can get to know them. Of course, it is not necessary to repeat what we always tell you: in Dingoos we are here to analyze your personal situation and advise you on the visa that best suits your objectives. Do not hesitate to ask us any questions you have. Surely we have the exact answer to what worries you!

2. Types of visas for Australia

Among the different types of visas that exist to access Australia, the three most common visas are: the student visa, Work and Holiday visa and the tourist visa. Although there are also other less common visas since they require more specific requirements such as: Graduate VisaVisa Sponsor y Skilled Visa.

3. Tourist visa (600 or 651)

This is the option you are looking for if you are going to come to Australia on vacation or spend a short season.

There are two types of tourist visa: Visa eVisitor (651) which is free and allows you to stay up to 3 months and tourist visa Visitor (600) It costs between $ 140 AUD and $ 1020 AUD and allows you to stay up to 12 months in the country.


Useful information about the tourist visa:

  • Visa price: depending on the option you choose: free or between $ 140 AUD and $ 1020 AUD.
  • Nationality: All countries can apply for a tourist visa.
  • Required level of English: You don't need a minimum level of English. It would be more, if you had to be a polyglot to go on vacation!
  • Request mode: you must create your account and fill in the form for your request. Make sure your passport covers the entire period that you will remain in Australia.

Can you work with the tourist visa?

With this visa you cannot work under any circumstances, but you can study a course whose duration is less than 3 months.

If you are interested in this visa and want more information about it, check out our page on tourist visa For Australia where you will find all the detailed information on this type of visa, as well as a step-by-step guide to apply.

4. Student visa (500)

El student visa, is the most popular and the Ideal if you are looking to study in Australia while working part-time to pay for your stay.

In order to obtain a student visa you will have to enroll in a recognized course that lasts at least 10 weeks.

Your visa will cover the study period plus extra vacation time, which will vary depending on the duration of the course you choose. For example, if you decide to study a 6-month English course, your visa could have a duration of 8 months.

Among its advantages, it stands out that It is a visa that has no age limit for the applicant, you do not have to prove a minimum level of English and also, your partner can accompany you and also work part-time even if you are not a student.

If you decide on the student visa you are in luck, because thanks to the free service of visa processing from Dingoos, We will take care of all the necessary procedures to obtain your visa and that you only have to worry about preparing your trip and waiting for the time to get on the plane.


Useful information about the student visa:

  • Visa price: $ 620 AUD.
  • Nationality: Depending on the nationality or personal profile of the applicant, the requirements to obtain the student visa may vary; That is why it is so important to study in depth each specific case and prepare a solid application. Do not worry: in Dingoos we are accredited educational agents and we will guide you through the process so that your application is impeccable.
  • Required level of English: If you come to study an English course (ELICOS) you will not need to accredit any level. If you come with the intention of studying a vocational course (VET or TAFE), you must have at least one level of English Upper intermediate.
  • Request mode: through the Australian Immigration Department, having enrolled in an accredited course and prior confirmation through the COE code that we will help you achieve during the process of school enrollment Where do you decide to study? You can be calm at all times, because although many of these things sound like mountains of paper, it will be one of our Visa Experts who will take care of everything for you. And for free!

Can you work with the student visa?

Yes, with the student visa You can work part-time, up to 20 hours per week during the study period and up to 40 hours during the vacation period.

And also, if you come to Australia with us, among others, you will have included our exclusive job search in which we will give you a lot of advice that will come in handy when it comes to finding the job you are looking for.

4.1. Student visa for couples

This type of visa It allows you to come to Australia accompanied by your partner so that you can both study and work legally in the country. Sounds good, right lovebirds?

It is an ideal option for formal couples and good avenues, although you should know that the conditions are not the same for both members.


Special features about the student visa as a couple:

  • Visa price: $ 1.080 AUD ($ 620 AUD of the principal applicant + $ 460 AUD of the dependent applicant).
  • Documents to prove the relationship: In general, applicants to this modality must demonstrate that they have been a couple for more than a year. The ways to prove it can vary according to each case. It is important to study the application in a personalized way. But, no worries, we will take care of informing you of the requirements that you must meet as a couple and we will help you assemble a solid application.
  • Required level of English: being a modality within the student visa, the same criteria of level of English already mentioned in the student visa apply. Of course, if necessary, only the main student must prove English level.
  • Possibility of studying for the dependent companion: The student's partner (main applicant) may also study if he wishes, but always taking into account the 3 month limit. If you wish to study a longer course, you must apply for your own student visa.

Can you work with this visa?

El student or principal applicant You can work part-time during the course (20 weekly hours) and full-time during vacations (40 weekly hours).

Meanwhile, the dependent applicant may work part-time only (with one exception: if the student is going to take a master's or a doctorate, the dependent may work full time).

Doubts? Check out our page on everything you need to know to go deeper into detail.

5. Work & Holiday Visa (417)

The Work and Holiday visa grants you a residence permit in Australia for 1 year. Your holders can work (maximum of 6 months for the same employer) and study (for 3 months). Of course, you must take into account, that it is a visa that is not available for all nationalities and for those in which it is available, places are usually limited. You will have to be the first to request it and meet a series of requirements.

If you already have a Work & Holiday visa, you will surely have a lot of doubts and need support when you arrive in Australia. Therefore, in Dingoos we have designed a welcome package with a lot of advantages that will help you start your adventure in the best possible way and make your integration into Australia an absolute success. Do not forget to check it out because we are sure that it will interest you ... and much!


Minimum requirements to acquire W&H

  • Have between 18 and 30 years (Although there are rumors that it will soon extend to 35, we will continue to report!).
  • Possess an official English degree (equivalent to a B2).
  • Have financial funds to cover your stay in Australia.
  • Apply from outside Australia.
  • Not be accompanied by a partner neither of children.

Useful information about the Work & Holiday visa:

  • Visa price: $ 485 AUD.
  • Countries with limited places: Spain, Chile, Argentina, Peru, Uruguay, Portugal, Czech Republic, Austria, Slovenia, Hungary, Luxembourg, Poland, Slovak Republic, San Marino, Turkey and the United States of America.
  • Countries with unlimited places: Germany, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Italy, Netherlands, United Kingdom, Republic of Cyprus, Republic of Ireland, Sweden and Canada.
  • Valid English titles to prove your level:
    • Cambridge English Advanced (CAE).
    • International English Language Assessment System (IELTS).
    • Occupational English Test (OET).
    • Test band of English as a foreign language through the Internet (TOEFL iBT).
    • Pearson Band Test of English Academic (PTE Academic).
  • English level test exception: You will not need to prove your level of English if you have any of the following nationalities: United Kingdom, United States, Canada, New Zealand or the Republic of Ireland.
  • Request mode: On July 1 of each year the deadline for applying by postal or online mail is opened (depending on your nationality, you can do it in one way or another).

Can you work with the Work & Holiday Visa?

Yes of course. You can work 1 year in Australia, expandable to 2 years if you work for more than 3 months (within your first year) in specific areas delimited by the Australian Government in jobs in the tourism, hospitality, agriculture, forest or fishing sector. You can even get a 3rd year of W&H if you work another 6 months in the areas and sectors already mentioned.

We know it's a lot of information and I'm sure you still want to know more things. That is why we have developed a definitive guide with all you need to know about holiday Take a look and you'll see how clear your clarinet is!